Monday, August 16, 2010
July - August Newsletter
Things are heating up this summer! In July, we were welcomed for the first time by beautiful mega church Faith Church in Dyer, IN. We made some new friends, and some old friends came out to enjoy a night of worship, fellowship and to hear from "Tower" from Shine.fm with his experiences as a Christian single.
July wouldn't be the same for Cache' Connections without our usual stint at Ignite Chicago, a two-day Christian music festival. Despite the after-effects of torrential rains and some last-minute changes, over 12,000 Christians came out to enjoy some of today's top worship artists. Kim and Linda had some fun with the flip cam, including capturing a live, surprise proposal from a former CC member. Click here to watch the video.
August rolls in with two of our popular Cache' Coffee Connections events, one in Orland Park, IL and another in South Barrington, IL. These reasonably-priced speed dating events are always a big hit. Here's what one new attender had to say: "The Coffee Connection last night was a lot of fun. Kelly and Glen were GREAT! And they are such a cute couple! The event was very well organized and there were a lot of people there. It was nice to actually meet in person some of the guys whose profiles I had seen..."
There are some unique events coming up - including a "Singles Difference Day" picnic in Lake Zurich on 10/2/10. We are partnering with Singles Difference, The Chapel and Christ Together to bring singles together for a fun day of relaxation, worship and of course lunch!
On October 8 we will be in sunny Florida for Cache' Connections Live! at First Baptist Naples, where the folks there are working hard to ensure a great turnout for their first event. We look forward to hearing Drs. Tom and Bev Rodgers' wisdom as they speak on "Finding God's Best for Your Life."
We'll return to Calvary Church in Naperville, IL on November 5 for our annual event there, but with a change. The singles there are more interested in opportunities for fun and connection, so we're hosting our first Cache' Connections Expo, which will include games, activities and prizes for guests, who can freely stroll through the vendor booths.
CC will be "playing in Peoria" on November 19 for our first event at Crossroads United Methodist Church for Cache' Connections Live! in Washington. We look forward to worshiping together and hearing the wise words of Charles Klees, who will be speaking on "Developing Healthy Relationships." Also, stay tuned for a Cache' Coffee Connections event to follow in Peoria on 12/5!
Click here for information on all upcoming events.
Reminders to members:
- Please post your photos! First we need your headshot and bodyshot taken against a plain indoor wall or door, then we can approve 6 casual photos
- Consider widening your age and mileage ranges under My Account Settings to increase your connections
- Don't forget to read the blog and find Kim Whitaker and Linda Martin on Facebook; also join the Fan Page!
- Join a growing email group of those who are fasting and praying for singles desiring marriage. Email email@example.com to be added to the list!
- Join in the live chats! We are currently doing a light book study on Monday nights based on the book "What Women Wish You Knew About Dating" by Dr. Stephen W. Simpson. Also, join "Expert Emily" Shupert on Sunday, August 15 as she leads a discussion on Boundaries in Dating. Click here for scheduled chats and other events.
- Lastly, remember that all subscriptions will automatically renew unless you cancel your subscription under Billing Management.
Kim and Linda
Click here for May - June Newsletter