Thursday, June 9, 2011
Basic Instructions to Improve Your Chances of Success at Cache' Connections
We're going to cool down the tone for today's blog - although it is a rather hot topic. One question we receive quite frequently regarding online dating is, "Why am I not getting any responses?" So today we offer some practical tips, strategies and other things to consider to make your online dating efforts more productive:
1. Send messages to those connections that you are interested in. If you don't hear back after a week, send a second note, asking if they are interested in communicating and if not, wish them well. Additionally, it's always a great idea to mention something unique about his or her profile that sparked your interest, and ask a question on that topic.
2. Upload more photos. A headshot and bodyshot taken against a plain wall or door are required before we can approve any casual photos. Every time you upload a photo and it is approved, your connections will receive a trigger email. Your cooperation with Cache' Connections primary photo guidelines shows your good intentions with your membership. (Mug shots as shown above are not recommended.)
3. Increase your age and/or mileage ranges under My Account Settings to receive more connections.
4. Go over all of your connections again with prayerful consideration. Oftentimes, singles are too hasty in moving their connections into the Not Interested tab.
5. Consider attending some Cache' Connections events, the Cache' Mentoring Services, or the Arranged Blind Date Services for the personal touch.
6. Work on being the best you that you can be, for yourself, to glorify God, and for your potential mate in all ways: physically, emotionally, spiritually, and intellectually. People like people who take good care of themselves. And if you are one of those, don't be afraid to flaunt that fact in your bio!
7. Read some of the Recommended Reading and Expert Articles. Pray that God will help you open your mind to His will for this area of your life.
8. Order a copy of the Christian Dating Redefined DVD for some practical tips on how to improve your love life, starting with being grounded in Christ, a shot of authenticity and always with the underlying biblical foundation.
9. Read this blog daily for tips, updates, polls, news and insider scoops.
10. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matt 6:33)
At Cache' Connections, we are committed to helping Christian singles become healthy daters so that they will be prepared to enter into healthy marriages that are pleasing to God. Don't wait for a potential mate to take care of some personal business. We've spoken to a few members who are waiting to quit smoking, lose weight, etc. for the right person. Sure, everyone wants to be loved for who they are on the inside - that's the basic desire to be loved, known and understood. However, as we wrote in a prior blog, "If you want to catch a fish, you have to bait the hook."
Here's to successful dating!