Cache' Connections has been called to be much more than an online matchmaking service for Christian singles. That is just a small piece of the puzzle. Our big-picture goal is to change the dating landscape in our country, and then who knows... maybe the world? A lofty concept, but you never know. We serve a great big God who can move mountains and was the originator of all of creation, so what's stopping him from working through Cache' Connections to return our society back to the God-fearing country we were founded on? Okay, breath....somebody stop me please :)
So, something's been stirring in Linda and me lately to work towards the original big picture scope. But, we couldn't quite put a finger on the direction and the how and when. Well, we had an article submitted to us from one of our Facebook friends that helps outline the societal changes that have gotten us where we are today. Here's just a brief synopsis of those issues quoted from an article titled "The End of Courtship" by Leon Kass :
* the sexual revolution, made
* the ideology of feminism and the changing educational and occupational status of women
* the destigmatization of divorce, infidelity, and abortion
* the general erosion of shame and awe regarding sexual matters
* exemplified most vividly in the ubiquitous and voyeuristic presentation of sexual activity in movies and on television
* widespread morally neutral sex education in schools
* the explosive increase in the numbers of young people whose parents have been divorced
* a popular culture that celebrates youth and independence not as a transient stage en route to adulthood but as "the time of our lives," imitable at all ages, and an ethos that lacks transcendent aspirations and asks of us no devotion to family, God, or country, encouraging us simply to soak up the pleasures of the present.
Now that we have a clear picture of how we got here, how do we go about helping to effectuate a change? Well, we're not there yet, but we feel it may have something to do with a recent new development we have been working on with one of our experts. Unfortunately, we are not at liberty to give away the "Cache' secret formula" at this time since it is still under R&D. (Research and Development) Linda and I always said this was the department at our major competitor that sat around all day and shot rubber bands at each other :) Sorry, just an insider joke.
I know this is all a little vague, but that's about all that can be said on this topic at this time, but stay tuned - you never know what we're cooking up next!