Thursday, July 8, 2010

Do You Know What Time It Is?


Today's question: What are appropriate times of the day or night to call someone before you have a discussion on these boundaries? We're hearing of a lot of late-night texts and calls that seem totally inappropriate to us. Here are a few comments from our fans on Facebook:

1. If you just started talking, I'd say call a day or two after your initial meeting, then maybe call every few days. If you're calling to plan a date always do that a few days ahead of time, it shows you're interested and not waiting til the last minute to make sure nothing better comes along. late-night texts and calls after what time do you find inappropriate ? I would say 10pm is the cut off time.

2. The whole text thing is very fishy sometimes I wish text messaging was not around. The way I see it texting might be a way of breaking the ice for potential daters who might be shy or not feel comfortable talking over the phone; at the same time I think it takes away the personal feel of connection or emotions being expressed. It lacks substance in a way - that's how I see it.

3. I wouldn't appreciate if my busy girlfriend gave me the leftovers of her busy scheduled and pretend to text me or call me good night at 11:00 pm.

4. After 9:00 pm, my brain ceases to work; I don't even answer the phone after 9:00 pm cause I won't be responsible for the drivel that comes out of my mouth when I am tired!

What do you think?

~ Linda
Cache' Connections

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a good idea to simply ask after phone numbers are exchanged. "What is a good hour to give you a call?" and "What method of communication do you prefer?".

If the the two answers don't line up with your personal habits, you can either adjust or move on.