Sunday, April 18, 2010

When All Else Fails...


We certainly have our good days and bad days at Cache' Connections and nothing affects us more deeply when we hear from someone who is hurting and tired of trying over and over after experiencing yet another failed relationship. Even though Linda and I are married, we too have unmet desires in areas of our life which helps us to identify with the pain singles experience. We have heard another great guy today who just wants to "throw in the towel" because he feels he is constantly beat down by women... ouch! And we're not talking about a bitter pity-party kinda guy. This is a guy who has tried over and over and has real pain of an unanswered desire!

This brought my thoughts back to about this time last year when I felt that same hopeless, despairing feeling. We had had our house for sale for over a year and a half and it was preventing us from moving forward in getting rid of some other real estate from my previous job of contracting new construction. So many times I had cried out to God asking him why we hadn't seen an answer to prayer, especially since I had totally turned my life over to Him and had given up a lucrative career for this ministry/business. And one night it happened... a total meltdown, loss of hope, loss of faith, on the way home from church on Saturday night. But, my husband caught me in the middle of my breakdown and kept reminding me of God's word and how he had promised to be there in every circumstance and not let us fail. We even prayed together in the car and started reminding ourselves of how He had confirmed He was there in the past and how we had made it through some hard times. After praying and praising, even though I didn't want to admit it, I will say I felt a lot better. Well, guess what... we sold the house the next day. You know the saying... "it's always darkest before the dawn." Must I say more?

So, I shared this story with our gentleman member who is feeling like his situation is hopeless today. And I want to encourage all you to keep the faith also. First of all, take a good assessment of yourself and see if there is any areas in which God might be calling you to walk in closer obedience - whether it be spending more time with Him, going to Christian counseling or just taking better care of your body "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own" 1 Corinthians 6:18-20. If you are doing your part, trust God to do His. Remind him over and over of His promise to you and your belief that He is working things out and you will see your heart's desire soon. And also, take time to pour encouragement into others. Let God take care correcting others wrongs and shortcomings and let's show our love as Christian brothers and sisters.

Be blessed!
Kim

No comments: