Wednesday, January 5, 2011
New Dating Strategies for 2011
Okay, I won't bore you with the definition of insanity, but it might be a good idea to look at your old dating strategies and decide to change a few patterns, a mindset, etc. If you are (still) single and hoping to find your special someone, even this year, maybe it's time to take a step back and re-think some things. As this is "just a blog," this will not be an exhaustive, orderly dissertation on how to find your "10" in "2011." We make no guarantees. But we often see some sticky points that might be holding many singles back from finding successful relationships ...
1. Order your copy of the Cache' Connections DVD titled "Christian Dating ... Redefined." Although at first glance this may seem like a shameless plug, we are confident you'll agree that Dr. Stephen W. Simpson, our featured expert, really lays out a solid plan on how to approach dating with authenticity. He covers the basics - and then some. He answers some of the tough questions, and lends clarity to some of the conflicting messages you are receiving from the world. From "Get a Life Before You Get a Date" to "Healthy, Holy Sexuality," there's plenty of advice you can sink your teeth into. Rave reviews continue to roll in from church leaders! Click here for details.
2. Keep an open mind and let God lead. What does this mean in practical terms? For starters, chuck that mental picture of your "10" and that well-worn 50 point list of must-haves. Ask God to open your mind and heart to the type of woman or man that would be a good mate for you. I bet He has some different ideas. This would be a good time to remind you that I'm not my husband (of 26 years)'s type. Or I wasn't - or his type changed - you get the drift. His advice to the guys: If a girl has the qualities you are looking for and has a "nice face," then you have to meet her face to face. Don't rely on a photo and a bio. You just might find she has the prettiest smile and sweetest, sparkliest personality you've ever encountered.
3. Change patterns. Change directions. Change gas stations, coffee shops, gyms, eating habits, makeup, hairstyle, clothes, friends, church, breath mints. You can't keep doing what you are doing and expect to see different results. And please widen your mileage range, somewhere outside the vicinity of your backyard. (Okay, that was sarcastic and won't likely make it through the editing process.) Ms. Sparkly Smile will be worth the drive :)
4. Have a serious talk with a good friend or relative about your date-ability. Ask if you are putting off any bad vibes. Ask their opinion on how you can change some of the items in No. 3 above to attract members of the opposite gender.
5. Trust God! It's important to have faith to believe, despite your present circumstances, that He is working all things together for your good. (Rom 8:28). Also, what might God be trying to show you during this journey?
Our prayer for all unmarried friends, fans and members of Cache' Connections is that God will provide and fulfill that desire He planted in your heart, and that in the waiting, each of you will find hope, growth and healing so that you will one day be a healthy half of a marriage that is honored by all. (Heb. 13:4)