Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Compelling Communication


It's what we all want, right? Well, a friend has painted us a picture, worth 1000 words. Respect and candor (being honest in expression), I think we all understand and desire. I have to admit, however, I got a bit hung up on "nuance." Sounds romantic, but what does it really mean? After all, if I'm going to blog about it, I should know what it means in this Venn Diagram. A Google search left me scratching my head a bit with the common meaning: A subtle or slight degree of difference, as in meaning, feeling, or tone; a gradation (i.e., process, progression) But then I came across this: sensitive to delicate nuances of style; gradations of feeling from infatuation to deep affection; subtle shades of meaning.

Aha! I thought nuance sounded romantic, and so it is. In this compelling conversation, you are drawn further in by your attraction and interest in the other person, along with a measure of mystery.

Many times people ask us: What is chemistry? I think we have a picture of it. When both people are in the middle of the three bubbles - the eye of the "love storm," this is where you social science project turns into a subtle explosion in your heart.

~ Linda
Cache' Connections

No comments: