Thursday, February 10, 2011
Come on over?
From time to time we hear that singles have a first or second date at one of their homes, often for dinner and/or a movie. While on the surface this sounds ... nice ... we feel it can create too much temptation, unless there are other people present in the home. Also, generally speaking, it's best to get to know someone before you get into a situation where they could harm you. But in true Cache' Connections fashion, we took it to the streets to make sure we aren't being to prudish. Here are the results of a recent Facebook poll:
1. In my opinion, it seems a bit soon for that kind of date. That might make a good 3rd-4th date.
2. It's too soon to be doing that!
3. Totally agree, too soon. Even without what came out of last nights chat it is too soon!
4. I would never go to a guys house if he is there alone....that could lead to temptation and as Christians I think we need to avoid temptation.
5. I would NOT do a first date in his home. Always meet for the first few dates in public.
6. I agree. Meet somewhere neutral on that first date. It should be casual and somewhere to just chat and get to know each other a little bit.
7. Definitely meet in public a few times before you meet at each other's house. Then when you DO meet at a house hold have a group of friends have dinner with you too!
8. A 1st DATE?! Whoa, not this gal... And I love to cook!
10. I agree with ___'s comment...too soon. I spend time e-mailing a guy for awhile, before I give out my phone number. I only give out my cell # first. I think it's wise to meet in a public place for the first few dates.
11. One word: DANGEROUS!
I noticed that no men piped in. Would the poll shift?
p.s. Our "pulpit answer" can be found under Safety Tips on the website.