Thursday, February 24, 2011
Cache' Connections January-February Newsletter
2011 is off to a running start at Cache' Connections. We rang in the New Year at our first 4-on-4 Connection Party in Schaumburg, Illinois with approximately 38 singles. This was the first time to play the fast-paced dice game known as Bunco, and after a few rounds and getting a few kinks worked out, the guests got the hang of it and had a ball rolling for prizes and tossing the fuzzy dice around the room to anyone who yelled "Bunco!" when they rolled three of a kind. Connections are natural in this game as high scorers change tables every 5 minutes and all partners are rotated.
We shook off some winter doldrums at a Cache' Connections Game Night in Naperville, Illinois and another 4-on-4 Connection Party in Springfield, Illinois. While there is always plenty of friendly conversation at CC events, we've heard of two possible "love connections" from the Springfield event!
Speaking of love - we LOVE Valentine's Day at Cache' Connections! This year marked our third birthday of being in business, as well as some very interesting anniversaries for some of our couples. As a birthday treat of sorts, we called out for comments on our blog and on Facebook, asking "What Does Cache' Connections Mean to You?" Click here to read the blog post, which contains many confirmations that this is God's business.
Valentine's weekend was packed with events such as the ever-popular Cache' Connections Mixer at The Clubhouse in Oak Brook, Illinois, a variety of private 8-on-8 dinner parties, a Valentine's Dinner in Naples, Florida, and a Cache' Coffee Connections event in Barrington, Illinois. Many singles were challenged, encouraged and blessed for venturing out on this holiday that can sometimes be difficult for them.
Membership continues to grow, and official and unofficial success stories continue to roll in. Some of these couples are hesitant to have their stories and photos posted on the website, but trust us when we say, "It is working!" Some Cache' couples seem to be on the fast track, and some are on the slower track. We pray daily for our members and couples, asking God to help them keep Christ at the center of their relationships.
There are plenty of events on the horizon; be sure to check them out on the Events tab. On the larger scale, we look forward to visiting singles at New Life Christian Fellowship in Jacksonville, Florida on 4/2/11. And preliminary plans are being made to "play in Peoria" again in May with a Cache' Connections Expo featuring Dr. Stephen W. Simpson, who is the featured expert on our Christian Dating ... Redefined dvd.
Reminders to members:
- Please post your photos! First we need your headshot and bodyshot taken against a plain indoor wall or door, then we can approve 6 casual photos
- Consider widening your age and mileage ranges under My Account Settings to increase your connections
- Don't forget to read the blog and find Kim Whitaker and Linda Martin on Facebook; also join the Fan Page!
- Join a growing email group of those who are fasting and praying for singles desiring marriage. Email email@example.com to be added to the list!
- Check out the expert-led chats in The Meeting Room. Click Scheduled Events for details.
- Lastly, remember that all subscriptions will automatically renew unless you cancel your subscription under Billing Management.
Kim and Linda