Friday, August 5, 2011

Half full or half empty?


We've had a few challenging conversations with single people this week, reminding us that by and large we are dealing with a segment of society that is hurt, isolated and lonely, and many of them are dealing with some heavy life "stuff," such as being a single parent, joblessness, damaged self-esteem, etc. We pray daily for our Cache' Connections members and single friends who have crossed our paths.

Life can indeed be tough, especially this day and age. We all feel the ravages of the depressed economy. But as Christians, I'm so thankful that we always have hope because of what our precious Lord has done for us! "Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-6

Honestly, I could blog about negativity until Jesus returns. Today we will focus on two key ingredients to combat negativity: one is a positive attitude, the other is a thankful heart. Please consider some of these quotes and verses and ask yourself, "Is my glass half full or half empty?" If it's on the low side, what can I do to change that? It's been said that a man is more attracted to an average-looking female with a pleasant smile than a very attractive women without one.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Colossians 3:14-16

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." ~Winston Churchill

"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed." ~Attributed to both Jonathan Swift and Benjamin Franklin

"I don't like that man. I must get to know him better." ~Abraham Lincoln

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes." ~William James

As Christians, we can always find things and people in our lives for which we are thankful. Today and throughout the weekend I challenge you to ponder the positive, count your proverbial blessings, and see what new hope might spring up!

~ Linda
Cache' Connections

No comments: