Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Things we never hear at Cache' Connections ...


This is probably true with many professions: you hear the same things over and over again. If you are a Midas employee, you hear, "I don't want to pay a lot for this muffler." Store clerks hear, "Do you take debit cards?" If you are a physical trainer, you probably hear: "That hurts, why are you so mean to me?" Car salesmen hear, "what's your bottom dollar?" I remember back in my days as a real estate closing agent, people used to always joke that they needed a signature stamp so they wouldn't have to sign so many papers. I tried to smile and act like it was the first time I ever heard that remark :)

It is no different at Cache' Connections. There are certain things we hear over and over again. It's very interesting capturing a bird's eye view of what's going on in the Christian dating world, as you can imagine. We can't give away all of our secrets, but we can tell you some things that we DO NOT hear, such as:

* I want a man who will allow me to be the main breadwinner of the family.

* I want a woman who doesn't like to cook - I'll take her out every night.

* I want a man/woman who prefers staying home and a low energy lifestyle. I work hard and like watching TV in my spare time.

* I want a man who will let me be the spiritual leader, and I prefer to do all my praying by myself.

* I want a woman who is older than me - I look and feel old for my age.

* I want a man/woman who will put me in a good mood.

* I want a woman/man who is at least 30 lbs. overweight.

At Cache' Connections, part of our prayer for our members is that they will take whatever action is necessary for them to be healthy daters in order to attract healthy daters. Read between the lines, pray and ask God if there are any changes to your attitude, appearance, spiritual life, etc. that you should make in order to seek and find the mate you desire according to Genesis 2:18: The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”


~ Linda
Cache' Connections

No comments: