Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Cache' Connections Third Quarter Newsletter
Where oh where did the third quarter go? It's officially Fall and that means it's time to get back to business and a more normal routine for most of us. For Cache' Connections, that means more events for Christian singles.
A highlight from the third quarter included the Cache' Connections Expo and Speed Dating event that was held at The Chapel in Barrington Hills at the end of August. We found that adding the element of speed dating is key, as the majority of guests participated in that portion of the event at the end of the evening. Although we urged singles to pre-register for the speed dating, many guests arrived late just for the speed dating. So we decided to work them all in the best we could and had our largest speed dating event ever with approximately 80 participants! The guests loved it!
A few weeks later, Chicagoland singles gathered again at the Fred Astaire Dance Studios for group dance lessons. This smaller crowd had a great time learning the Rumba, the Salsa and the Hustle. In Peoria, singles came out for a speed dating event. It was refreshing to have approximately 8 or 10 guests who were 35 and under, in addition to the guests who were 35+. All seemed to have a good time making new friends.
As far as future events, you may be wondering why the schedule looks a little slim. We've been busy working behind the scenes, developing a program to plant area-wide singles groups in several areas. These "Christian Dating Redefined" groups, which will focus on healthy Christian dating, will be managed by Cache' Connections, run by volunteers, and supported by local churches. August and September were filled with planning and logistics, and at this writing we have held three meetings with pastors and singles leaders in Peoria, Springfield and Bloomington, Illinois. Lists, luncheons and phone calls to other areas are keeping us busy! The feedback from these meetings has been overwhelmingly positive, and plans for these local groups are being put into motion. It all takes time, however. Check out the blog post from October 3rd with more of the inside scoop.
If you live in an area that you feel would support an area-wide singles group of this nature, please contact us to receive a packet to present to your local church(s).
We celebrated some Cache' Connections weddings this summer, and even attended one in Central Illinois where another Cache' Connections married couple was attending as well! This fall we look forward to the marriage of Kelly and Glen on 11/1/11. Many of our Chicago friends have met Kelly and Glen at events that they have hosted or served as volunteers. Since they met at a Cache' Connections event, Kelly and Glen are strong supporters of Cache' Connections, both our online membership and event opportunities. To read their love story, CLICK HERE.
A few reminders to new members:
- Please post your photos! First we need your headshot and bodyshot taken against a plain indoor wall or door, then we can approve 6 casual photos
- Consider widening your age and mileage ranges under My Account Settings to increase your connections
- Don't forget to read the blog and find Kim Whitaker and Linda Martin on Facebook; also join the Fan Page!
- If you have prayer requests or would like to join the Cache' Connections Prayer Team, please contact us.
- Join a growing email group of those who are fasting and praying for singles desiring marriage. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list!
- Check out the expert-led chats in The Meeting Room. Click Scheduled Events for details.
- Lastly, remember that all subscriptions will automatically renew unless you cancel your subscription under Billing Management.
Kim and Linda