Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dear Cache Connections,



Sometimes we need to remind our members that a little love and understanding goes a long way. Here's an example of an email we received:


Hey gals!

Listen, the last 4 or 5 matches you've provided have no pictures and in several cases no location.

If I recall, you were very specific in terms of PHOTO REQUIREMENTS. I followed your directions and am wondering why you would even post these connections if they are that incomplete.

If their photo is still under review, perhaps you can indicate that and then notify when they are approved.

It seems really odd that matches don't even have to indicate where they are from. That doesn't seem right......


Here's our response:

Hi Member X,

Thanks for your note. Please review carefully "The Matching Method" which explains that photos are NOT required, but preferred. You are correct that we have primary photo requirements and sometimes it takes members a while to get help getting their photos. The email we send to the new members specifically asks them to post their city and zip code.

Keep in mind that this site might be the first experience a lot of people have with online dating. I would suggest handling the new members with grace and patience by sending them an email such as this:

Hi ________, Welcome to Cache' Connections! I hope you will make some great connections and enjoy this experience. I look forward to seeing your photos as soon as you can get them posted. I am also curious about where you are from. I believe you can enter that information under "Account Settings." I have reviewed your profile and I think it's really great that you have an interest in ___________. Let me tell you a little bit about myself: ______________. I look forward to communicating with you soon.

Make it a great weekend and spread the love!

Kim

No comments: