Friday, October 23, 2009

Dating Game Feedback

I remember the first time I went to a Christian concert. The atmosphere was relaxed like a church home. Being at the Cache Connections "Dating Game" event in Peoria had the same comfortable environment. I had the pleasure of volunteering as a greeter. From the start everyone was open and friendly. When the heart of a business is based on Biblical principles and Jesus Christ, then the motivation behind the events comes more from compassion than financial gain.

You can feel the difference and that alone helped me relax and prompt me to approach other singles. Founders Linda & Kim were friendly and always available to talk to us throughout the evening. The Dating Game itself was highly entertaining. There were door prizes and I liked how we sectioned off into age groups so we had a chance to break the ice and get to know others. We were all there for the same reason so there was no pretense.

The object of the evening was to enjoy ourselves & possibly make connections, and we all knew it. So if I approached someone I felt free to do so because I knew they were single.

The last hour we all mingled and by then there was plenty of subjects for conversation. I felt it was fun, creative & well organized. I've tried Eharmony and a couple of other dating sites, but the reason I like Cache is because I believe in the K.I.S.S. factor, in this case it's "keeping it simple singles." This was my first event and I hope to attend another soon!
- Peg, Springfield, IL

Thanks Peg!

~Linda

No comments: