Monday, May 16, 2011

Cache' Dance Lessons Were a Blast!




We came, we danced, we had fun! The first event of this type for Cache' Connections, the dance lessons that took place at DeSarge DanceWorld in Naperville were a huge hit! I'm so proud of all of the participants who took a step (or two) outside of their comfort zones to learn a few dance steps in a group setting. And what a perfect way to mix and mingle! We had an almost perfect split of men and women. First, the instructor had the women line up against the mirrored wall, and the men against the opposite wall for instructions. When they had learned a few basic steps, he had them come together in the middle to partner up and dance to the music. Then every few minutes the guests switched partners - whalaa! A perfect dance mixer.

Here are some of the comments we received:

"We didn't get a chance to talk at the event in Naperville last night. I've never done anything like that before but I had a lot of fun. Since we were all beginners I found I learned a lot about a woman by the way we danced together. Some tried to lead while others were very good at following my lead. I also noticed that some women danced better with the man next to me than she would with me. And the same was true of me, I danced better with some women - we would just "click". While with other women I was all left feet - even if they followed my lead. bIt is probably a good indicator of how well people work together. So I found it to be a form of "speed dating". I'll have to do this more often!! Thanks for putting that together."

"We were happy to host the event! Everyone that passed by me in the lesson told me they were having a great time! We always change partners in our lessons, it helps people to get to know one another as well as helps them to work on their leads and follows. Sometimes we take our own partners for granted and you can't do that with someone else!! Sarge has been doing this for 30 years, he is the best at this!
You have a nice group of people, anytime you want to do something like this again just let us know!"

"Last night was very well done. We had lots of fun and danced with many wonderful new friends. Now if we can just dance without counting (1, 2, 3, twirl, salsa one salsa two, crossover one crossover two....) We had a blast!!!"


Thanks to all those who came out - it was especially nice to see some new faces. As always, there's never quite enough time to chit chat, but we've heard through the grapevine that a few dates have already been set up. And that, my friends, is the best feedback by far!

Have a great week!

~ Linda
Cache' Connections

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dancing lessons? What a GREAT idea for a no-pressure icebreaker!!