Wednesday, April 13, 2011

You'll never guess who I ran into ...



... at church this past Sunday. I was hanging out in the Atrium at Northwoods Community Church, minding my ministry of keeping things tidy, when I was chased down by a cute couple who looked familiar.

The last time I saw Dave and Anne was at our Cache' Quick Introductions in Peoria last December. I remember Dave better because we had a chat after the activity. He seemed somewhat excited but doubtful at the same time, stating there was one lady that he was interested in, but he didn't think he stood a chance. He gave her a card but didn't expect to hear from her. If I remember correctly, I encouraged him to hang in there and get busy with his new profile on the website at cacheconnections.com.

Dave called us a few months later and reported that he and Anne did start talking and things were progressing rapidly. They seem to be on the "Craig and Phillis" pace. If you're a CC blog fan, you know what I mean. They can't wait to get married, but are counting on God to show them the timing and work out all of the logistics. (As a side note, they are working on getting a picture and written story together for our "couples" page.)

These two were too cute together! They couldn't keep their eyes off of each other, finished each others' sentences, and told me everything they have in common. The first thing that Anne told me was that Dave was everything she'd hoped and prayed for, and then some. She's had some very sad things happen in her life, but gives God the glory for turning things around. She's happier than ever!

They shared this special rendition of Rascal Flatt's "God Blessed the Broken Road" with me. Both the original version, which implies the road to Mr./Mrs. Right, and the Selah rendition, which implies the road to Christ, are true for them.

For those in the Central Illinois area, Anne and Dave will be sharing their love story at the Cache' Connections Christian Dating Redefined Conference and Expo at Northminster Presbyterian Church on May 20th. Come on our for encouragement, fun, prizes, food, and to hear from Dr. Stephen W. Simpson, author of What Women Wish You Knew About Dating and featured expert on our Christian Dating Redefined DVD.

Enjoy the video!

~ Linda
Cache' Connections

No comments: