Sunday, April 13, 2008

The harder I work, the luckier I get.


I stumbled across this quote while going through some notes from a Maximum Impact leadership conference I attended a few years ago. Is it hilarious or what? So what does this have to do with Cache' Connections, you ask? You might be relieved to read that this is not about how hard we have worked. You might be surprised to know I am talking about you, if you are single. We have heard such comments as: "If God wants me to be married, he will bring me a mate." I was reminded recently how Jesus often chose to work in partnership with those he touched, instead of waving his magic God-wand. For instance, in John 9:1-7, to heal a blind man, Jesus made some mud and rubbed it on the man's eyes, but he instructed the man to walk to the Pool of Siloam to wash himself. Additionally, he told the crippled man in Matthew 9:6 to rise, take up his bed, and go home. I believe the Lord works in partnership with our efforts. If you want to sell a house, you hire a realtor and put a sign in the yard. If you want to land the job, you put on your best outfit and come prepared. If you want to find a date, you..... hmmm......

No comments: