Saturday, July 12, 2008

I told you he was ugly.


So, the other night I was chatting away with my new member/pals in our chat room. Everyone started introducing their faithful dogs and cats at their side. I mentioned Obie, pictured above. I don't think my new friends took me seriously when I stated that we are not sure if he is 100% dog, so I felt compelled to blog about him. There seems to be a strong hint of rat, thus the nickname: "Streetrat," affectionately taken from the Disney movie Aladdin. My son found him roaming the streets on the other side of town and the rest, as they say, is history. To my further surprise (and chagrin) he later brought home a purebred black lab puppy named Jack - paid in full. Jack is 1 year old and a full time job. So all you out there with cute little beagles and lapdogs, think of me. Pray for me. The picture tells it all. Maybe we will have an "Ugliest Dog in the Spotlight" contest next...

~Linda

No comments: