Monday, January 19, 2009

a day in the life ...

Okay, so you may be wondering, what really goes on at Cache' Connections? What do they do all week long? So today I thought I'd offer a glimpse of the action behind the action. Although we envisioned a self-reliant website that would afford us the privilege of "working on the beach," we have yet to research sand-proof laptops!

Both of our days begin by hopping on the computer around 7:00 a.m. to check on overnight activities: new members to be welcomed, bank account and statistics to monitor, customer service requests to address, Facebook statuses to update (be-friend us!.) Kim and I start our official business day together around 9:30 a.m., enjoying the freedom to work out before the work day; I on my treadmill and hand weights, Kim pumping iron at the gym. (She's pretty buff!)

We start the day together making a to-do list, as every day is different. Then we pray together for our decisions and for our members, always praising God and giving the business back to him each day. Depending on where we are with upcoming events, we spend a lot of time on those details - talking to church leaders, speakers, bands, photographers, writing scripts, contracts and endless lists lists lists!

Between 9:30 and 5:00'ish such things can be heard as:

1. "did you answer so and so?"
2. "we need to pray"
3. "we need to make a policy on (fill in the blank)"
4. "lunchtime already?"
5. "you make the page, I'll write the email blast"
6. "where's my map?"
7. "I wonder if Neil Clark Warren does this ..."

Do I miss the 9 to 5 job I gave up? Not really (sorry guys.) The steady paycheck and free coffee were great, but looking back it seemed like ... well, a lot of work. What we are doing now is more like an adventure. Only God knows how the future will turn out. Until then, we remain,

Two Crazy Married Women Who Started a Christian Dating Service

No comments: